According to a Notice published today in the Federal Register, the FAA has scheduled an informal public meeting to obtain aviation weather user input regarding its plans for implementing new convective weather products. According to the Notice, the meeting will generally proceed as follows:
1. The meeting will be informal in nature and will be conducted by representatives of the FAA Headquarters.
2. The meeting will be open to all persons on a space-available basis and will be at no charge.
3. FAA personnel will conduct overview briefings on aviation weather products, aviation weather roadmaps and the status of on-going research.
4. FAA personnel will lead a session intended to elicit user views on the convective weather products and any issues surrounding those products. Any person present may offer comment or feedback in the session. Comments and feedback will be captured through discussion between FAA personnel and those persons attending the meeting.
5. FAA will not take any action items from this meeting nor make any commitments to accept specific user suggestions.
6. Every reasonable effort will be made to hear each person’s feedback consistent with a reasonable closing time for the meeting.
7. Written feedback can also be submitted to FAA following the meeting for the period November 11-December 10, 2005.
The meeting will be held at the Orlando Orange County Convention Center, 9800 International Drive, Room N210A, Orlando, Florida 32819 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on November 10, 2005. This meeting coincides with the NBAA annual meeting at the same location. If you would like further information regarding the meeting, you can contact Debi Bacon, Air Traffic Administration, 800 Independence Ave., SW., Washington, DC 20591; telephone number (202) 385-7705; Fax: (202) 385-7701; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.