Banking and finance are at the core of every economy, providing the means to help businesses expand and investors grow. Shackelford’s Banking and Finance section has long maintained solid advisory and legal relationships with financial institutions of all types and sizes, and innovative financial products.
Our Banking and Finance lawyers provide a wealth of experience in all types of banking, helping our clients to structure and document transactions to help financing in almost every industry. Shackelford regularly represents both the providers and recipients of financial packages, which enables us to know and appreciate the respective desires of each party.
Shackelford’s industry-specific experience also helps to provide expertise on particular transactions. Our focus includes:
- Acquisition finance;
- Asset-based lending;
- Consumer finance;
- Energy financing;
- Loan documentation;
- Private placements;
- Project finance;
- Real estate and construction financing;
- Regulatory compliance; and
- Workouts and debt restructuring.
In addition, when disputes occur, Shackelford’s commercial litigation attorneys regularly represent local, regional and national banks and financial institutions in all types of litigation. This broad-based experience includes defending and protecting banks in:
- Consumer and customer disputes;
- Trust disputes;
- Interpleader actions;
- Tax delinquency proceedings and foreclosures involving bank collateral;
- Condemnation and eminent domain proceedings;
- Bankruptcy proceedings related to customers and/or bank collateral;
- Collection and garnishment actions asserted against customers; and
- Lender liability and general commercial litigation.