Our lawyers have years of diverse, across-the-board experience with difficult litigation and large and complex restructuring issues in Texas, Delaware, and elsewhere across the U.S. Whether our client’s goal is to resuscitate a business or get maximum value for distressed assets, our lawyers combine pragmatic business acumen, a relentless pursuit of creative solutions, and practical, first-hand knowledge of this area of law from every perspective. Shackelford’s lawyers have experience representing the following:
- Chapter 11 debtors;
- Creditors’ committees in Chapter 11 bankruptcies;
- Post-confirmation trustees and Chapter 11 and 7 trustees;
- Secured and unsecured creditors;
- Investors who purchase distressed assets before or after a bankruptcy filing; and
- Parties to bankruptcy litigation, including preferences, fraudulent transfers, claims disputes, and confirmation issues.
Our experience and results-driven approach allow us to handle cases in a more efficient and effective manner. For a debtor, that may mean confirming a plan and getting the client back into business in a more-timely way. For a creditors’ committee, our approach is designed to maximize value by aggressively and proactively pursuing parties who owe creditors and the estate money. Clients turn to us because our lean staffing, intensive preparation and relentless focus make our bankruptcy litigation teams a powerful force in the courtroom.
We have served clients in the following industries:
- Energy including power/utilities, renewables, and midstream, downstream, and upstream oil and gas companies;
- Finance and banking;
- Healthcare; and
Our restructuring/bankruptcy litigation team strikes quickly when a client is under economic stress. We are skilled at recovering funds for an individual creditor, a creditors’ committee, a trustee, or a receiver.
- Responsive. Over the years, we have earned a reputation within our markets as a staunch client advocate, able to adapt nimbly to the dynamics of a case while remaining focused and responsive to our clients’ needs and questions.
- Relentless. Time after time, we have prevailed because of our rigor, passion, and drive, aggressively pursuing monetary resources for creditors when other have given up.