Shackelford attorneys have extensive capabilities in aviation purchase, sale, leasing, lending, acquisition, management, fractional share and other transactions. As an integrated part of this work, they provide guidance on federal, state and local tax analysis and structuring, risk management, export-import issues, and federal regulatory structuring, compliance and enforcement. experience in aviation transactions, taxes, regulations, enforcement matters and litigation.
Our aviation transactional attorneys offer a unique blend of corporate legal experience, general aviation industry knowledge and deep industry contacts. In addition to extensive background in aviation-related legal matters, some of our aviation attorneys are licensed pilots, have worked in other areas of the aviation industry, and flown for the military.
We regularly represent purchasers, sellers, lessors/lessees, lenders and other financiers, aircraft manufacturers and other aviation businesses in a broad range of transactions. With our in-depth experience, we negotiate the purchase or lease of aircraft, evaluate and provide recommendations regarding tax and regulatory requirements or product liability exposure, review and advise on aircraft insurance needs, and represent interests in the certification of aircraft, operations, mechanics, or pilots. Our aviation attorneys can serve nearly all legal aspects of the aviation industry including air carriers, commercial operators, flight training providers, repair stations, management companies and pilots.
A sampling of our aviation transactional experience includes the following:
- Aircraft sales and purchases, including piston aircraft, jets and helicopters
- Aircraft financing and leasing
- FAA & DOT regulatory compliance and structuring
- FAA & DOT certifications
- Commercial drone operations, including Section 107 operation, waivers, and Section 333 Exemptions
- Formation of companies for the purchase of aircraft
- General representation of fixed-base operators (FBOs), repair stations, flight training providers, and other aviation businesses
- Hangar construction, purchases, leasing and financing
- Aircraft Registration
- Federal income tax analysis and structuring/excise tax analysis
- State Sales/Use Taxes
- State Property Tax
- Export and import transactions
- DOT Work Place and Drug and Alcohol Testing Programs